Tonight I walked by the red carpet in front of a SOHO venue hosting the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue party… Flashlights flash with every car door opening as skinny models and their dates are rushed inside from the 20 degree cold. (Check the photos of the cover models in front of a classic background of sewer drenched snow and steel barricades)
Aside from the daily walk around NYC’s best out door mall, and occasionally listening in to the wife’s Fashion Police replays, I don’t pay much attention to fashion and the above experience is the closest I would get to live action.
Last week I was fortunate to attend my friend Riza Manalo’s runway showing at the Nolcha Fashion Fall/Winter 2014 presented by RUSK.
I still know nothing about fashion but I will always support my friends and those that are in the know should take a deeper look.
1. TEMPERENCE : Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
2. SILENCE : Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling conversation.
3. ORDER : Let all your things have their places. Let each part of your business have its time.
4. RESOLUTION : Resolve to perform what you ought, perform without fail what you resolve.
5. FRUGALITY : Make to expense but to do good to others or yourself ie waste nothing.
6. INDUSTRY : Lose no time; be always employed in something useful.
7. SINCERITY : Use no hurtfull deceit; think innocently and justly and if you speak, speak accordingly.
8. JUSTICE : Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
9. MODERATION : Avoid extremes, forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
10. CLEANLINESS : Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, clothes or habitation.
11. TRANQUILITY : Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
12. CHASTITY : Rarely use venery but for health or offspring. Never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or anothers peace or reputation.
13. HUMILITY : Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
Note: Franklin concentrated on each subject for a week at a time striving to get better at each. After the thirteenth week he would start again at number one.
The last time I shopped here was for Christmas in 2008, I bought headphones for the iPod. They broke several times and I had the worst time trying to get them returned or replaced. I’ve given up on this store and now this comes out that they’ve been heavily lobbying Albany, NY to get a store in NYC – they had labor Union issues and their PR woes continue. Do you really want this coming to YOUR neighborhood: